Zadar real estate offer:
Town Zadar is one of the most popular real estate parts of Croatia. If you want to purchase real estate, flat, house, villa or land or just invest in commercial real estate first you must be familiar with the City of Zadar.
Zadar is an ancient Mediterranean port city. The old town, surrounded by walls and towers on a peninsula, with a new, urban part is connected by a bridge, a symbol of the city.
Built on Roman urban principles, where there are several major longitudinal streets traversed by a greater number of latitudinal streets, give the city a rectangular shape. The old town is a treasure trove of archaeological treasures and monuments to the ancient, medieval and Renaissance periods. This is visible by a number of sacral and architectural monuments – the church of sv. Donat [St. Donatus] where every summer the sounds of Zadar’s musical evenings echo, the Roman Forum near the main square, Kalelarga – the longest and widest street, the Cathedral of sv. Stosije [St. Anastasia], an Archaeological Museum with its exceptional treasures and many other monuments of cultural and historical heritage (town gate, Arsenal, churches, museums…).
In a city with the most beautiful sunset, in a maritime archipelago facing a multitude of islands and islets, which protect the city from the strong winds, enjoy the symphony of the Sea Organ and magical urban light installation Pozdrav suncu [Greeting the Sun] near the new harbour for cruise ships.
Zadar is a powerful cultural and economic city whose life is comfortable all year round, but shows all its splendour in the summer. Visit the traditional events or contemporary events like the full moon nights, Zadar dreams, Millennium jump, Kalelarga art… Enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine, taste the sweet Maraschino cherry liqueur, and take a swim from one of the sandy beaches in the Zadar area!
Zadar Riviera – info:
Zadar is a city very long history of 3000 years and an extremely valuable cultural heritage. Located in the heart of the Adriatic, in conjunction beauty of the past and all the amenities sought by modern travel offers many tourist attractions. One of the most popular Croatian tourist destinations, which the Times of London proclaimed “entertainment center on the Adriatic”, a Guardian “new Croatian capital of cool.” The turbulent history of this city has left many scars on him, but also a valuable cultural heritage. The particularity of its historical monuments and cultural heritage. From different historical periods have been preserved in many churches and monuments which are visible to an art building all the time. Highlights of the most famous church of St. Donat, St. Anastasia Church, Mary – the Church and Monastery. Francis city walls, forts and gates, St. Grisogono, the palace Grisogono Vovo, Providur ducal palace and the palace.
– The Church of St. Donat, Zadar – The church dating back to the 9th century is unique because of its circular ground-plan.
– Zadar town walls, Zadar – Along with the 16th century town walls, there are numerous towers and a pair of entrance gates, one from the land and the other from the sea.
– The Cathedral St. Stosija, Zadar – It is said to be the most beautiful old church in Dalmatia because of its exquisite facade.
– The Church of St. Cross, Nin – the smallest cathedral in the world
– Numerous churches, Zadar and the surrounding area – Due to a large number of churches (over 30) Zadar is often called the “Little Rome”.
– The Zrmanja River – This river is a must because of its crystalline water that cuts through the 200-meter-deep canyon creating on its way many waterfalls of incredible beauty.
– The Kornati National Park – The group of 140 islands, islets and reefs, where the blue colour of the sea makes a perfect contrast to the white-grey rocky islands.
– The Paklenica National Park – This mountainous national park is particularly appealing to mountaineers, speleologists, alpinists and botanists.
– Maraschino – This is the liqueur which has been produced in Zadar for centuries from maraska – the autochthonous sort of cherry that grows best in the Zadar area. The liqueur is said to have therapeutic effects.
– Fish, shell-fish and mollusc dishes with cooked vegetables
– Specialties from freshwater fish from the Vransko Lake
– Olive oil and the spices such as rosemary, bay leaf, sage and basil
– Prosciutto from Posedar, dried in a special way in bura (a fierce northern Dalmatian wind)
– Salted pilchard and anchovy – an important part of fishermen’s tradition, served in small quantities
– Spit-roasted lamb
If you are interested in purchasing real estate in Zadar, or renting one, go through our site and if you are interested in something particular let us know and we will, with joy, give you further informations.
Zadar Real Estate – Croatian Property Listings database daily update.
ZADAR PROPERTY TEAM, Your property partner in Zadar, Croatia